Thursday, February 20, 2014

Busy Month

Wow, I can't believe it is almost the end of February!  It feels like it just started, we have been so busy!  We had Jason's 5th birthday (!!!!) and Valentine's Day with their respective parties, ice skating and making new friends, visiting the San Antonio Grandparents and going to the rodeo.  It feels like we just clean up from one thing and we are off on another adventure.  I'm looking forward to March slowing down a bit.
IMG_0454 by RachSal
At the beginning of the month Jeff wanted to take Jason ice skating again and he did so well this time.  Jeff would skate out a little bit then let Jason skate to him.  We got a couple of times in there where he didn't even fall!  They both had a great time!


IMG_0114 by RachSal
IMG_0134 by RachSal
IMG_0126 by RachSal
IMG_0140 by RachSal
The next weekend was Jason's Cars themed birthday party.  We are so thankful to all the family and friends that joined us.  I was worried that the house would be too small to hold all those wild big boys, but it ended up being perfect and the sun came out right before the party so we were able to go outside a bit also.
IMG_0166 by RachSalIMG_0203 by RachSal
IMG_0199 by RachSal
IMG_0210 by RachSal
Then came Jason's actual birthday.  We had a playdate with some new friends and took him out to dinner at his favorite "tortilla restaurant" before heading off to Awana's to celebrate with those friends.  I still can't believe my baby boy is 5!
IMG_0247 by RachSal

Last weekend we drove down to San Antonio to join Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Michelle at the Rodeo.  Jason really enjoyed watching the cowboys on horses roping the cows.  I've been doing lots of photography practice because I am taking another online class.  More importantly I've been asked to photograph a 5k charity race at the beginning of March.  I want to be sure I can do a good job so I have been taking pictures of the kids running around to be sure to capture all the details. To be sure the runners can get their photos I started a website they can order from http://rachelsalomon.smugmug.com/
IMG_0249 by RachSal
IMG_0276 by RachSal
IMG_0278 by RachSal
IMG_0357 by RachSal
IMG_0379 by RachSal
IMG_0402 by RachSal
IMG_0470 by RachSal
IMG_0457 by RachSal

As I said we had a lot going on and next week Jeff and I are going to Salt Lake City while the kids spend more time with Grandma and Grandpa.  We will get back just in time for me to photograph the run.  I hope to put more frequent updates in here in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment