Monday, August 8, 2011

Deep in the heart of Texas

That is where our new home is.  Here are the photos that Jeff took when he went for the inspection.  We should be closing at the end of the month and using Labor day weekend to move in.  All the stuff in these pictures are the owner's things.

IMG_4206

IMG_4208
The entryway.  We are hoping to find a nice bench to go here so we have someplace to take off our shoes.

IMG_4210
This is going to be Elizabeth's room.  Obviously we have some painting to do. 

IMG_4213
The bathroom on the kids side of the house.  We will have to find towels to match

IMG_4219
This is going to be Jason's room.  Hopefully the color will work with the train theme I have planned because I would like to minimize the amount of painting I have to do.  This really does need to be his room because it is bigger and he has more and larger toys.

IMG_4226
Living room.  I loved the idea of a clock so much that I asked for and got one for my birthday.

IMG_4237
The kitchen.  I am trying to persuade Jeff to let me get granite countertops.

IMG_4242
Our room.

IMG_4245
This looks like a closet, it smells like a closet, but it is actually going to be...an office.  Since this is only a 3 bedroom house we have to make some concessions.

IMG_4251
Our Bathroom.

IMG_4254
This is the closet that Jeff and I will have to share.  I have a feeling our kids are going to be giving up some of their closet space.

So I guess you can call this the before post.  We will see what needs to be done after we move in.  One of the things that we don't have pictures of is the pool (that will need to be fenced in) and the putting green in the backyard. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great house! Congratulations! :) LOVE the kitchen! Also love the closet re-purposing. We did that in MI. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! My only complaint is that you somehow think a three bedroom place is "small." I say phooey to you :P

    ReplyDelete