Thursday, August 11, 2011

Doctor visits


Both of my children saw doctors recently, Elizabeth for her 4 month check up and Jason saw a pediatric ENT and audioligist.  Elizabeth has grown so big!  She weighed in at 15lbs 2 oz and 23.75 inches long.  This puts her at 76% for weight and 24% for lenght.  She is exactly the same size her uncle Michael was at his 4 month appointment down to the ounce.  Elizabeth took her shots like a champ and was smiling by the time we left the office.   She wanted to be held and cuddled most of the rest of that afternoon, but by the next day she was back to her smiling self again.  The night after that we decided it was time to unswaddle her.  We had a hard couple of nights where she woke herself up every hour or even less.  After two nights she had learned to sleep through the night again and I am thrilled. 



Jason will be two and a half tomorrow and he still isn't talking much at all.  I may have mentioned once or twice how we are concerned about Jason and how he doesn't really speak.  He basically says Mama, Dada, All Done, and makes the sounds of a snake, monkey and fish.  He just recently learned to growl after we talked about his sister growling at us.  He also says this cute little thing that sounds like dugga, dugga, dugga.  Jeff and I were convinced that his issue was a physical one so we had his ears checked out today by a pediatric ENT and audioligist.  I was so nervous about this appointment since Jason objects to most people touching his ears.  Although I hoped the doctor would find a reason Jason wasn't talking I hoped it wouldn't be serious.  Well, Jason got a clean bill of health!   I guess our little boy has just has a mind of his own and will talk when he decides he is ready.  As soon as we get to the new house I plan to re-enroll him in early intervention services and get him started with speach therapy again.  I do hope he lets us into his little mind sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

  1. If there is anything I have learned as a parent so far it's that kids don't really care about our own schedules :) I'm sure when he starts he is going to be speaking in full sentences.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete