Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This weekend

So many times this weekend I caught myself thinking how much Jason has grown up.  It was contrasted by Elizabeth who has entered the terrible twos a week early.  There were lots of little things that made me realize Jason has really become a big boy.  Every time he needed to get dressed or changed for bed he just got it done.  He put his clothes in the hamper and picked his clothes or PJs and got into them.  He did great ice skating and didn't get upset at all even when he fell over and over again.  He cleans up his toys when we ask most of the time and while we were out back doing yard work he helped a lot cleaning up the debris.  There are so many little things, but they really make a big difference when you put them all together.

Elizabeth on the other hand seems to be battling us about everything.  She wants to drink all the time and that makes potty training more difficult.  She doesn't want to sit in the stroller or be carried or hold hands.  I can not count how many times during the day I hear "I do it"  even when I know she won't be able to do it.  I know this is a phase that all kids go through, but it would be nice if the terribleness was kept to a minimum. I'm even more concerned because on Friday both kids are having hand surgeries again.  Elizabeth was the most difficult last time because she wants to hold everything, but doesn't have enough hands. It sure is a good thing she is cute!

Elizabeth's birthday build a bear

Ice Skating for his first time

 Elizabeth stealing Mommy's shoes

 little Momma taking care of her baby
The kids playing with friends at the playground

No comments:

Post a Comment